- The time at which something is most successful, powerful, or at its best
- Astronomy: The point in the sky that is directly above the observer
- Also: The highest point reached by a celestial object
Ex: Oscar had reached the zenith of his career once he had published 10 bestselling books.
Ex: Once the sun had reached its zenith, it became too hot to travel any further.
- A mixture or blend
Ex: Annie considered her new smoothie recipe to be an amalgam of tropical tastes and treasures.
- An expert or a connoisseur; A person with good knowledge or understanding of a subject
Ex: It is a stereotype that all fashion mavens write blogs, though many of them do.
- Relating to or using force or threats to persuade people to do things they are unwilling to do
Ex: Mr. Hickey’s behaviour among the other sailors was coercive to the point of treason.
- Brisk and cheerful readiness
Ex: Sherlock and Watson accepted the challenge with alacrity.
- A person who sleepwalks
Ex: The child was a somnambulist, adventuring around the house nearly every night.
- A ringing or tinkling sound
Ex: The music from the bells consisted of a strange tintinnabulation, a soft clanging, and the wind rushing past the bell tower.